20 March 2007

Tuesday Confession: My Love for Mahone



I had a dream last night, the short version of which involved me and Mike on the run from Prison Break's Agent Mahone in a crowded movie theater lobby. I ended up alone with Mahone and fell in love with him. When I woke up I realized - I DO love Mahone. I didn't give him enough love in last night's recap.

He has replaced T Bag as my favorite character. And they are pretty similar if you think about it. Mahone is freaking psychotic one minute and sympathetic the next. I feel bad for him and yet I hate him. He's crazy and yet I love him. I love scenes where he just goes batshit crazy, and there were a couple of those last night. Then he has scenes where he's all quiet, like telling Wheeler, "Don't let anyone scare you into doing the wrong thing." He's terribly complicated!

Since he's now my favorite character, he'll probably die soon. But wouldn't it be awesome if the next season focused on Mahone? Here's hoping he at least takes out Kim before he dies.

(Also, since Gregory Itzin is now lost in the 24 universe, William Fichtner is my favorite supporting actor.)

No comments: