13 March 2007

American Idol: Boys Are Poo Poo

Really, there were no great guys.

Brandon was terribly pitchy. Pretty good to forget the words!

Chris S. sang a trifling arrangement of "Endless Love."

Sanjaya was really rocking those curls - he has better hair than any of the girls. I can tell he tried harder this week, but his voice still needs to be more powerful.

Phil is just too damn disturbing to look at. Not a good idea for him to sing the lyrics "Look out girl cuz I'm gonna get you" - he will haunt my dreams.

Blake, dude, you're breaking my heart. What was with that arrangement and that dancing? The vocal just wasn't good enough.

I just don't like Chris R. at all, never have, and this week he was really pitchy. I think he looks like a rat and Simon was right - he sounded dreadful.


As for the girls, of course the Quartet of Black Girls were the best.
I've decided Melinda looks like a tall midget. She was great, and gets points for turning Paula into a blubbering mess.

I thought LaKisha did the best, and Stephanie was the weakest of the Quartet.

Gina was good, but boring.

Jordin was really good.

Haley was her usual horrific self - forgot the words too. But I love how she lost it when Simon actually complimented her performance. Suddenly cynical old me feels bad for her; I'd vote her in and I think America will too. Plus bonus points for almost giving us an upskirt.

Go home: Any of the guys could leave and I wouldn't be distraught. I think it's time for Brandon to take his tight pants home.

No comments: