06 March 2007

Notes from Orlando

The place where I'm staying is, as the kids would say, off the heezy fo' sheezy. It's the Ritz Carlton in Orlando and it's a golf resort and spa. I'll definitely have to come back with Mike - golf for him, spa for me. They have the nicest rooms I've stayed in yet. And I can always size up a hotel by 2 things: its fitness center and its fruit plate. The fitness center here is totally full-service - like a mini-Ballys, with probably 20 cardio machines plus weight machines and free weights. And the fruit plate I got for breakfast was enough for 3 people - and had a guava. So this place gets an A+ in my book!

The conference itself is pretty big - it's national, so a lot bigger than the little regional one I ran a few months ago. We've just been setting up - putting together the gifts, running through the presentations. There are 17 people setting it up, so it's going rather quickly and smoothly. The conference starts tomorrow.

No comments: