27 July 2008

Comic-Con 2008: Saturday and Sunday

Oops. I ended up puking my guts out the whole afternoon on Saturday. So I missed out on some decent panels. But thank heavens I got to see the important ones: Heroes, Lost, and Terminator: Salvation.

We saw the entire Season 3 premiere of Heroes. And I will simply say that it was AWESOME!!! I loved every second of it, I'm so happy. Unfortunately, that meant not much panel discussion or Q&A, but I'll take it because I'm a bigger fan of instant gratification.

I love that cast so much because they're appreciative of the fans and they enjoy it - half of them were taking pictures and recording the event. It was fun.

The Lost panel mostly involved the Dharma Initiative, another one of these role-playing internet things. I'm not involved enough in the show to care about those. The producers answered lots of questions and then brought out a special guest - Matthew Fox. Of all the people they could have brought. I HATE Matthew Fox almost as much as I hate his character, Jack. He didn't say much, so all was well. And I actually found the producers funny. I've only read bad things about them, but they amused me, they weren't pompous or anything. Maybe they were holding back.

I took a picture of this dude who asked a question. He was dressed like Hurley. Which is easy for him, as apparently all he has to do is wear a green shirt. He got a jug of Dharma Ranch Dressing for asking a question. That was hysterical.


I saw a long-ass trailer for Terminator: Salvation before I got ill. IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! It's going to be gritty and brutal and kickass. Between that and Wolverine I'll be a happy girl next summer.

Today we saw John Cho and Kal Penn for a Harold & Kumar panel (NPH wasn't available, dammit!). They were really funny. Turns out John is more like Kumar and Kal is more serious like Harold. John Cho was hysterical.


Finally, some freaks attendees. This Venom Spiderman has a muffin top.



So that's the end of my Comic-Con experience. Tragically, I was ill for the end of it, but that's OK. I still saw most of what I came for, and had an exhausting blast, as always. Smell ya next year, San Diego!!!

No comments: