25 July 2008

Comic-Con 2008: Thursday Evening

We completed our Thursday with a panel by Dark Castle Studios. They look to be making lots of B-horror movies and ninja films. This dude Rain was there for a movie. If you watch The Colbert Report you might know him because they have a rivalry going. He's a huge Korean pop star or something. All I know is he doesn't speak much English, and the English he speaks involves "girls", "see my movie", and "I am the best." I like this kid.


The real cool panel was for RocknRolla. Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Gerard Butler (hotness!), Jeremy Piven (hate!), Ludacris (cool!), and Idris Elba (The Wire bitches!). The guys were really funny. "Gerry" was hysterical, and maybe a little drunk.


A chick got up to ask a question and she was dressed in a blue queen outfit, complete with blue hair. He looked over and muttered, "You're fuckin' weird." But he said it smiling and she didn't seem to care. He was throwing Hershey's Kisses into the audience for some reason, and said, "It's getting a bit like Sea World in here." LOL Gerry.


He said, "doin' it" at one point and grimaced: "I've turned into an American. 'Doin' it.' I hate myself."

The movie seems very very cool, in the vein of Guy's first movies. According to Gerry, "It's better than sex. But not with me. It's better than sex with Idris." I'm sorry, this dude was just cracking me up and I kept writing down his quotes. A chick asked him what genre he would do next. Answer: "Halle Berry."

Piven was pretty funny too, not just the douche he usually is.

Guy is next directing a Sherlock Holmes movie starring Robert Downey, Jr. It was described as "James Bond in 1891" - it's going to be an action movie.


When asked about the best experience making this movie, Gerry said it was when Madonna gave him a B12 shot in the arse in a car. It didn't work - he got sicker - but he appreciated the effort.

So clearly I was enamored with Gerard Butler.

My evening was completed with a trip to Pinkberry. My California culinary adventure is complete.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I think you're in love!