02 July 2008

SYTYCD Performances: Double the Fun

I was pissed at first cuz the show is still 2 hours long and I was all, They're just going to pad with filler this sucks! But why did I doubt my favorite show? Because instead we get TWO PERFORMANCES from each couple! Woo-hoo! I was WAY too excited about that.

1. Jessica and Will, the Jive. Why does he have to be so frakking good?! I love it. And her flip-thing over him - HOLY CRAP!

2. Comfort and Thayne, Broadway - new couple alert! Was there like no energy there, or was it just me severely disliking Thayne?

3. Kourtni and Matt, Hip hop. It was oddly slow and I didn't like that.

At this point in this show, this is me: WTF? I WAS ALL EXCITED ABOUT GETTING DOUBLE THE PERFORMANCES AND WTF? TONIGHT SUCKS! Mike keeps saying they all look tired. Maybe he's right.

4. Chelsie and Mark, Jazz. More energy, so that's good. They were great, but there was still something about it that wasn't making me jump off my sofa. You know who I need? Twitch or Joshua. NOW!

5. Twitch (whew) and Kherington, Paso Doble. How fun was that? Fun!

6. Katee and Joshua (yay) with a Mia Michaels Contemporary routine. Finally something that moved me and made me rewind!! Joshua is AMAZING. (I think Will would have done amazing things with this routine too.) His movements are just incredible, good lord. (And she was actually awesome too!)

7. Courtney and Gev, Hip Hop. It had an old-school, playful vibe. I liked, but I felt like he pulled his performance back somewhat in order for them to stay on the same level. Cuz otherwise he would have shown her up big time.

8. Jessica and Will, Lyrical Jazz. Hi Shirtless Will, nice to meet you. Dayum. That routine was HOT! So glad the shirt prop worked for them. LOVED!

9. Comfort and Thayne, Smooth Waltz. I felt like Napoleon - I'm not a waltz expert, but I enjoyed it. It was lovely; she was gorgeous. Do I think it's the kind of thing that people are going to vote for? No. They're gone this week. Sad face.

10. Kourtni and Matt, Mambo. I thought it was fun, but it was definitely a little rough in spots. Maybe they'll be the ones to go.

11. Chelsie and Mark, Foxtrot. That little girl is so good. She gets crazy extension.

12. Twitch and Kherington, Mia Michaels Contemporary. AMAZING! Yay for 2 Mia routines!

13. Katee and Joshua, West Coast Swing. Good stuff. I can't decide who I love more - Joshua or Will! And I've officially warmed up to Katee and forgiven her for crying and whining during auditions.

14. Courtney and Gev, Broadway. Gleefully corny as Broadway routines often are.

There shouldn't be any surprises tomorrow.

No comments: