04 March 2008

American Idol and I May Be Incompatible

Something is wrong here. My opinions were pretty much exactly the opposite of Simon's tonight. And I was HELLA irritated with the show. I'm gonna maybe chalk it up to the fact that my brain has been overloaded from work recently and in general I'm no fun to be around right now. But maybe it's a symptom of a larger problem. Let's contemplate this.

The Keepers

Lil David Archuleta was great and he played the piano. Extra points for the jacket.

Danny rocked out "Tainted Love" in a fabulously corny way. I can't get enough of this kid - he's the new Sanjaya. Only I like him and think he's talented. Extra points for the purple streaks in the hair.

Michael picked a great song, "Don't You Forget About Me". Too bad Randy is an idiot and thought Michael Hutchence sang it. I'm not wrong, right? It was Simple Minds. They both might be from Australia, but only one of them died via auto-erotic asphyxiation (my favorite celebrity cause of death ever, BTW).

Chikezie needs to sing faster-tempo songs, but I liked it. Even though it was a female ballad. Whatever, he's good now!

The Poo-Poo

Luke sucked the usual ass. Don't sing falsetto George Michael if you can't sing falsetto. Jackass.

David Hernandez, who is this show's requisite gay scandal since it came out that he used to strip in a gay club. Whatever. He still sucks at singing. Horrible song choice - was that the female vocal of a Meat Loaf song? I didn't like it.

Jason sang some song I've never heard of, and I pride myself on my knowledge of 80s music. Randy said it was Jeff Buckley/Leonard Cohen. Whatever it was, it bored me and I gave up halfway in. Simon loved it. WTF?!

David Cook "rocked out" "Hello" with his horrible, distracting guitar playing. I must be really apathetic about this season because I wasn't feeling it at all and the judges ate it up. WTF?!

I wonder if I have the guts to give up watching this show..... Cuz it's really irritating me. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. But if the girls suck it up tomorrow I might get bitter!

No comments: