06 March 2008

My Diagnosis

I believe I'm finally feeling the effects of Scripted Show Withdrawal. Reality TV ain't cutting it for me. The main symptom: hatred for American Idol. Other symptoms include irritability and frustration.

I haven't watched Heroes since early December. I never got a new season of 24. Prison Break doesn't count. No more Battlestar Galactica available for me to catch up on. The only things I have going for me are Lost and The Wire, but the latter is tainted by the fact that it's the last season and it was only 10 episodes long.

Worse yet, the situation won't be remedied any time soon. No 24 til January. Wait - they're giving me a movie in the Fall. OK, just don't screw that up please. No Heroes til the Fall. The Wire is over this Sunday. The only thing I will get any time soon is Season 3 of BSG on DVD on the 18th followed a couple weeks later by the new season. Thank the Gods for small miracles. But otherwise I think I'm pretty much screwed, unless I want to get into the dregs of TV like CSI or Desperate Housewives when they return in a few weeks. I'm not that desperate, thanks. I think I'm gonna re-watch The Wire from Season One instead. Or, you know, do my school work or enjoy the outdoors.

No comments: