05 March 2008

American Idol: Yep, It's Over Between Us

Asia'h opened the show with karaoke Whitney. Great. Thanks for reminding me why I don't want to watch this overblown-karaoke show anymore.

Kady. What song was that? You have all of the 80s to choose from and you pick that? A song I've either never heard before, or you just botched that badly.

Amanda, of course, sang Joan Jett. Her choices were that and Pat Benatar. Karaoke again.

Carly. Why don't I like her as much as I think I should? This is the problem - I don't like these people enough. So even if they're good I'm just not enthused.

Kristy Lee country-fied an awesome Journey song and for that she will never be forgiven. Please don't. And way to not-hit that last high note.

Ramiele is the only girl I like. She needs to do something more up-tempo, but she was the only truly great one.

Brooke picked Pat Benatar and performed a stripped-down version. It was enjoyable enough.

Syesha closed out with another slow song. I'm over the lack of energy. The vocal was really good though.

So I'm pulling the trigger. March 6, 2008 is a day that will live in infamy. After 7 seasons, I'm over Idol's B.S. If something good happens, it's on the news the next day and I can watch Danny and David and Ramiele on You Tube. It is an amazing world we live in.

No comments: