23 February 2008

Allow Me This Rant, Won't You?


Excuse me while I rant against the Sci Fi Channel.

First of all, I will say thank for bringing us the quality television show, Battlestar Galactica. I devoured the Season 1 and 2 DVDs during the Great Television Famine of 2008. I had heard from multiple sources about how good the show was -- that it was generally good, not just good for science fiction. And I have to admit they were right. The show deals with real-life issues -- war, insurgencies, suicide bombings, religion, slavery, female Presidents, killer robot clones. OK, maybe not that last one.

Season 2 probably had The Greatest Ending Ever. I found myself left in the lurch because Season 3 doesn't come out on DVD until March 18. The Sci Fi Channel looked like it was going to remedy this situation by showing Season 3 on Saturday mornings. The first two episodes aired. Great. They were awesome. Then the next week.... DAGGER! They started re-running Season 1 again. W. T. F. Now I'm finding out something about Season 3 that I don't want to know practically every week. Frakkin' spoilers!

Incidentally, I'm now one of the people I used to make fun of - people who use the word "frak" naturally. It's the BSG swear word, don't you know. I would roll my eyes when I read it in an article or on the internet. Now I honestly use it, usually in frustration. FRAK!

Season 4 starts April 4. See you then, Sci Fi Channel!

No comments: