24 February 2008

The Wire Gives Me a Frowny Face

I'll leave the reason for last. It's just too depressing for me to deal with right now.

Overtime and rental cars for everyone! The Department has all kinds of money for McNulty's McFake McSerial Killer. McNulty and Kima travel to the FBI to get the profile on the killer. And LOL the profile fit McNulty to a tee! Can't hold relationships, high-functioning alcoholic, trouble with authority. Those FBI profilers know their S. McNulty gets another attack of conscience when he sees how hard Kima is working on investigating the serial killer, so he tells her the truth. McNulty also tells Beadie the truth. Well, that's not smart cuz they're both pretty honest chicks and I don't think they're going to go along with this for long.

Bunk gets the DNA back from Michael's step-dad's crime scene and it's a match to Chris Partlow. He wants to arrest Chris, but this would upset the Marlo investigation. He gives McNulty a couple days. Surveillance of Marlo's peoples leads to the conclusion that the clock pictures they are sending back and forth correspond to a map grid, so now they know where they will be heading once they intercept those pictures.

The homeless veteran Scott interviewed came to The Sun to complain about inaccuracies in the story. Of course Scott swears he told the truth. You know, I wish Scott could get shot in the head. Later Gus calls Scott out on an obvious fake quote from the mayor's speech/candlelight vigil. Scott basically says F You and tells on him like a little bitch, but Gus stands his ground. He is clearly over Scott and it's just a matter of time til he has the evidence he needs that he's been fabricating stories (hopefully!).

I thought to myself watching the first couple of Omar scenes, "Every time he's on screen I'm so tense thinking he's gonna get his head blown off." Well I'm a colossal jinx because he did!!! NOOOOOO! It was funny how all the street kids knew who Omar was but the cops didn't (when Omar tipped them off to criminals on the corner). Once the corner was cleared he got the stash of drugs and money and threw them in the storm drain, again announcing that he was calling Marlo out into the street.

Tragically (I guess tragically - I mean, he's a murderer and all, but he was still awesome), Omar was shot in the head in the grocery store - by that little foul-mouthed kid from Michael's corner. HOLY S I'm bitter! I stood up and screamed.

Omar gets no respect in death, he's just another thug after all, as first there is no room in the newspaper for a story on his murder, and then they put the wrong name on his body in the morgue. Zip up body bag, fade to black. DAMN!

I want Marlo dead. I want Scott dead. I want Omar's boyfriend to avenge his death!

No comments: