20 February 2008

Attack of the Blonde Zombies

My American Idol conversation at work today largely centered around speculation as to which of these girls is going to be this season's whore. There aren't really any hotsie girls, but at least one of them has to be whored-up by the producers.

Man, a lot of these performances were as bad as last night's. They clearly saved the best three for last.

The Only Good Ones
Ramiele. That voice is so out of place in her tiny body! A. May. Zing. I applauded her from my couch. Best of the night!

Carly. The song was dull, she was good but not great. I agree with Simon - she wasn't as good as I thought she would be. So I wasn't blown away, but she is still way better than most of these chicks. She'll get better. And I loved seeing her Tattoo Face Husband sitting in the front row not applauding or reacting to any other performances.

Syesha. Powerful voice. Good, fun performance. I think she'll only get better.

Asia'h. I didn't think she had the strongest voice, but she was a great performer. Then again, maybe she just has a raspy voice. We will see.

Alexandrea. I got into her performance! And respect that homegirl wore sneakers. Simon no likey though.

The Rest
Alaina. It was actually a little shouty for me, dawg, but it was better than most and I saw the potential.

Kristy. Rough. Boring - she looked robotic and unemotional.

Joanne. I actually said "ugh" out loud (I'm the only one in the house mind you) at one point. Boring.

Amanda. That "bluesy rocker" voice is going to get old real fast. Was I supposed to understand the lyrics? Do. Not. Get.

Amy. Who are you? She couldn't sing in tune! Painful. And I vote her Most Likely To Be The Slutty One. It did feel like an eternity, Simon.

Brooke. Booooring. That's a combination of "booo" and "boring."

Kady. Another dull blonde girl?! How many can we have? Her voice was mostly good but her performance was so boring Simon compared it to a pencil. Love you, Simon!

Simon Quote of the Night
"I feel like I'm in a commercial for some washing-up liquid in the 60's." And he accuses Paula of not making sense!

No comments: