19 February 2008

Boys Night + 60s Night = Suckage

Ah, the part of American Idol where I fast-forward through all the talking and just get to the singing and the judging. Tonight largely sucked.

The Only Good Ones
Michael a/k/a The Fabulous Australian. Hot hot hot.

Little David Archuleta. He has one soulful-ass mature voice, but his song selection sucked. He's just too cute for words - I want to put him in my pocket and pet him forever.

Danny a/k/a The Prettiest Girl in the Competition. Again, his voice doesn't fit his look. I worry that he's too gay for Idol. But I like him. He's fabulous!!

Who The F Are You and Why Were You Chosen Over Josiah?
Jason. I guess he was picked because he fills the Himbo category. He looks like he should be playing Aquaman - as long as it's not a musical version.

Luke. Ugh. I puked.

Colton. Blah and corny and forgettable. His parents didn't even look enthused.

The Other Suckage
David Hernandez. Fine by comparison, pretty corny.

Chikezie. Not good, really corny, and the orange suit was bothersome. Amen to Simon on this one - he said everything I did plus called him old-fashioned.

David Cook. The hair bothers me. Is he combing forward over a big bald spot? At least he rearranged his song and made it more modern.

Robbie a/k/a Bo Bice Lite. Booo. Not as "rocking" as he tried to be.

Garrett. He's a 70s-rock reject - that hair! Oh God! Looking like Leif Garrett isn't a compliment dude!

Jason Castro a/k/a White Dreadlocky McGee. He played the guitar. He was better than the others, not that that's saying much.

So ugh, not too many stars in this group of guys.

No comments: