08 February 2008

Lost Kicks Ass Again

Loved last night's Lost. I know I'm aways contradictory with this show. I say "I like the mysticism" and that I miss when the show was scary. And last night's episode didn't have any of that, it really just introduced 4 new characters. But I loved it. I thought they were introduced really well and the characters are intriguing. Plus there is some mystery surrounding them. Here are the newbies - all from the helicopter - whose back stories I assume were flashbacks:

1. Jeremy Davies. Can't remember the character's name, he'll always just be twitchy-weirdo-awesome Jeremy Davies to me. Don't know much about him, other than that he was really upset to find out that Oceanic 815 was found in the South Pacific on the ocean floor. Yes, that's right, in the real world there is footage of the whole plane found underwater. We know this is false. It's also shown that the pilot is found underwater. This is also false, since Greg Grunberg died in a tree or something in the first episode.

2. Miles (Yay! More Asians!), who legitimately talks to ghosts.

3. Charlotte, an archaeologist who found a polar bear skeleton with a Dharma collar in the Tunisian desert.

4. Frank, a drunk who was supposed to be the pilot of Oceanic 815, and reported that it couldn't have been the pilot's body in the "wreckage."

So the Big New Mysteries are: why was the crash wreckage staged (or is it?) and what is the primary objective of the helicopter/freighter crew, since they claim it is not a rescue mission. They claim they are on the island for Ben. Ben knows everything about the crew (names, birth dates, everything). Why? "I have a man on their boat."

Yay yay yay. I loved this episode! I literally said, "Oh man, it's over already?" at the end.

No comments: