11 February 2008

The Wire: Me Love the Bad Guys


I love me some Omar. Is that wrong? I mean, he's a murderous thief, but he is so freaking cool. I have a thing for bad boys - Sylar, Marlo, Omar. Yes, I like Marlo too even though my greatest wish is that Omar shoots him in the face. That man is just cool as ice.

Omar was injured by his Batman/Spider-man (depending on if you ask me or Marlo) leap, but he's still a damn badass. He steals some of Marlo's money and then burns it, telling Marlo's boy that it's not about the money this time. He's calling Marlo out and he's right - Marlo is too much of a bitch to face Omar in the street. Please let's have a Wild West-style face-off with these two! (As long as it ends with Omar victorious.) Marlo tells the co-op that Omar killed Prop Joe, but they don't seem to be buying it.

That part of the show would be my favorite plot line, followed by the Baltimore Sun stuff and then McNulty's Mess. McNulty's grand plan is seriously f-ed up. First, he can't get any freshly dead homeless to mess with, because by the time he shows up to the scene half the department is already there. He made the homeless murders so high-profile he can't get to the bodies first. Also, the wiretaps on Marlo aren't picking anything up, because he's sending pictures through his cell phone, not making calls. When McNulty said "We can't make another murder" I swear to god I said to the TV, "You can if you kill them yourself." And I thought that's what he had in mind.

Instead, he kidnaps a homeless dude with the intent of sending the Sun a cell phone picture of him from "the killer", thereby getting permission to tap into Marlo's cell phone pictures. Good lord, that's convoluted. McNulty looked like he felt guilty about taking the homeless guy to a Virginia shelter, but really the guy is better off than being on the street in Baltimore, and at least he didn't kill him like I thought he was going to!

As for the Sun stuff, Gus asked the Lying Liar Reporter to follow-up on some complaints about one of his stories. I hope he's setting him up - he has to know he's a liar!!!!

No comments: