11 February 2008

The Grammys is the Lowest Seed of Award Shows

I don't ever really watch the Grammys. Music is the lowest seed of the entertainment world for me. No, wait, I guess it's books. But they don't have televised award shows for books. So the Grammys are the lowest for me. In the age of the interwebs, I can always catch any good performances the next day anyway.

However, we did catch a few performances last night which represented the good, the bad, and the ugly. Kanye West was great. From the high-energy "Stronger" to the touching tribute to his mother (I say touching even though he had "MAMA" engraved into his hair), it was great. Then we had Beyonce doing her usual over-blown, melodramatic B.S. And then there was the ugly: country music. I'm sorry, I thought you people had your own award shows? We saw Brad Paisley perform and Jesus Lord, I swear to you, these are the lyrics:
'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

The song was about ticks! I wanted to throw up it was so bad. He almost redeemed himself with this line:
I know the perfect little path
Out in these woods I used to hunt
Don't worry babe I've got your back
And I've also got your ____

Unfortunately, he used the word "front", if he had used the C word I would have had some respect for him. I'll stick with my angsty emo lyrics, thanks.

And the other reason the Grammys sucks:

Album of the Year: "River: The Joni Letters," Herbie Hancock.

HERBIE HANCOCK????!!!!!!!

No comments: