22 May 2007

American Idol: I Hate My DVR

My DVR cut off Chris Daughtry's performance at the end. DAGGER! I heart Chris Daughtry. Anyway, on with the show....

I didn't fast forward through Ryan's introduction of the judges since I heard Paula broke her nose. Her nose looks fine but she has an S-load of crappy extensions in her hair. She says she tripped over her dog and then Ryan says, "So the bitch is OK." I predict he takes a lot of heat for saying "bitch" on a family show. I hope his head rolls for this! Get Al Sharpton on this immediately! Also, what is Randy wearing? A jacket with chains and buttons all over it. He looks like a superfly French general.

Blake does my favorite beatboxing version of "You Give Love a Bad Name". The crowd goes wild.

Jordin does Christina Aguilera's "Fighter". She's singing too low, she gets off-rhythm in the middle, and she kind of loses her voice at one point. It's not as fierce as it should be. I'm disappointed.

Blake does "She Will Be Loved". He's got the high voice for it; excellent choice. His fan base will eat this up.

Ricky Schroeder is in the audience. He appears to have his sight. Marlee Matlin is in the audience. Ask her who she likes best!!

Jordin does the country song she kicked ass at earlier. And she kicks ass again. She holds the last note for about 8 minutes. She rulz.

Now for the original song. Always the lamest part of an American Idol finale. Blake does fine with it, considering it's not really his style. I can already tell Jordin will do better with it. And she does. It's a ballad more suited to a girl. The fix is in!

Blake will be fine no matter what. He doesn't need this lame title. (See Chris Daughtry.) Jordin should win, even though she cried during the last part of her song. That was a little much. Jordin Sparks has the look, the spunk, the name, and the voice. Go Jordin!

No comments: