08 May 2007

Jive Singin' on American Idol

It's Bee Gees Night. And they're doing two songs each. Good thing I'm watching on DVR. Fast forward.

Melinda's good, as usual. First song (the song, not the performance) sucked ass. Second performance was better. Hair looked good. Wasn't inspiring.

Blake. These songs are only good if someone with the last name Gibb is singing them. It's just plain embarrassing when another guy sings them. The beatboxing didn't work for me either, Randy.

LaKisha. Leggings don't do her any favors. She's pretty good; the second performance was definitely better.

Jordin made "To Love Somebody" sound a little bit country - and I loved every second of it! That performance was amazing! I thought the second song (some crap sung by Barbra Streisand) was really good too, but the judges didn't love it. I may have been distracted, however, by the fact that Mike knew all the words and was singing along with her. WTF?

Nice eye makeup, Paula. Ryan - would it kill you to eat a cheeseburger or lift some weights? Put on some weight, dammit - you're standing next to a 17-year-old girl twice your size!!

Go home: Sorry to say Blake. The novelty is just that, a novelty. Won't last. Jordin should have this thing locked up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Barry Gibb always look like that? It looked like he had false teeth and his jaw had collapsed or something.

Your right all the songs were so-so, I guess only a castrated dude can sing those songs....I guess I'm half way there.