10 May 2007

Lost: Feels Like Old Times

OK, look, I don't care if Lost gives me answers. I just want it to be entertaining and scary - like the first season when I didn't want to watch it alone because it freaked me out. Well, I'm happy to say last night's episode was like a great first season episode!

Uncle Rico is Ben's father and he's a prick. Everyone on this island has daddy issues! They moved to the island so Uncle Rico could work for the Dharma Initiative. The Dharmas fight "hostiles" - supposedly island natives. Young Ben sees his dead mom in the jungle and goes after her and runs into the dude he now works with. The dude says he'll help Ben, which involves adult Ben putting on a gas mask while the rest of the Dharma Initiative is wiped out by gas.

In the present is where things got hella creepy. Ben tells Locke that he answers to Jacob. So they go to see Jacob, located in a creepy old house in the jungle. In the house is an empty chair, which Ben proceeds to have a conversation with!! This was way too scary - can Ben really see someone? Is he just crazy? We don't know. Locke has had enough, so he turns to leave and hears another voice say "Help me." I SHRIEKED AND SHOT UP OFF THE COUCH I WAS SO FREAKED OUT! This is the Lost I love! We rewound the scene and I screamed a second time! We freeze-framed it and in all the commotion you can definitely see a third person in the room - looks like a dude with long hair.

Ben and Locke leave and Ben is bitter because Locke could hear Jacob. So he shoots him in the abdomen! NO! Not my beloved Locke!! Ben asked Locke what Jacob said and Locke told him. Will Locke be healed? He better be.

Oh and back on the beach, I get angered by Jack more and more each week. Juliet is apparently working as a double agent, and Jack knows. Sayid asks why he didn't tell everyone else. Jack's response? "Because I hadn't decided what to do about it yet." I HATE JACK!! Who died and made him Jesus? Sayid should have been the "leader" not this a-hole.

No comments: